With summer in full swing, Cariati Law wants motorists and pedestrians to be extra vigilant to save lives during the “vacation months,” the time between July through October, which are the most dangerous months the year for traffic fatalities.
Roads will be crowded with many people going to their cottage or camping this summer and higher traffic volumes during the summer bring an increased risk on our roads. In fact, the Canadian Safety Council says that more fatalities occur on Canadian roads during the summer months than at any other time of year.
Here are some tips to drive safely this summer:
- Don’t speed
- Never leave children/ dogs unattended in your vehicle
- Don’t drive distracted – Avoid using your phone, putting directions in your GPS while operating your vehicle or checking social media
And, if you are taking a long road trip, here are some tips to help it go smoothly.
- Make sure you get your car serviced before a road trip
- Pack an Emergency Roadside Kit (Cell phone charger, flashlight, jumper cables, tire pressure gauge, water, snacks, blankets)
- Always wear a seatbelt
- Take breaks – Make sure to stop for food and switch drivers if possible. If you need to, stay at a hotel
At Cariati Law, we deeply care about your safety.
At Cariati Law our top Car Accident Lawyers will investigate every detail of your case for free. All cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing upfront. In fact, we only get paid after you do—and if there is no recovery, there is no lawyers fee.
Contact one of our Toronto Car Accident Lawyers at 905-629-8040 for help today.
Cariati Law – Passion Behind Every Case