The number of children injured by products recalled for fire- and burn-related hazards alone, more than doubled in the last five years. The safety of products being marketed and sold to children is too often sacrificed in the interest of making a profit.
Children cannot protect themselves from dangerous or defective products.
Some of the most hazardous children’s products recalled include:
• 1,000,000 Hasbro Easy-Bake Ovens™, responsible for 82 burns and the amputation of a child’s finger.
• 180,000 units of Creative Innovation™ Pro-Flying Saucer™, responsible for burning 7 children.
• 233,000 units of Fisher-Prices’™ Crib Mobile Toy®, responsible for dripping battery acid on six infants, chemically burning them.
Other findings on child product safety report that:
• Elkton Sparkler Inc™ had the largest product recall at 1,700,000 units of Bamboo Stick Sparklers®.
• Thirty percent of the products recalled failed to pass the Federal Flammable Fabrics Act; all were articles of clothing.
Manufacturers have a responsibility to produce, market and distribute products that are safe for use by customers of all ages. Children cannot protect themselves from dangerous or defective products, and often do not realize a product is unsafe until after they have been injured. At Cariati Law, we hold manufacturers responsible for creating and marketing defective products that harm the people that buy them.
If a loved one has been injured by a defective product, the personal injury lawyers of Caraiti Law can help you fight for your right to compensation. It is important that you contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible since a limitation period may apply to your Ontario injury claim. The Toronto, Mississauga and Hamilton product liability lawyers of Cariati Law stand ready to help you. Please contact us today for a Free Consultation at 1.888.629.8040.
Cariati Law, passion behind every case.
Click here for a Free Case Evaluation or call TOLL FREE: 1.888.629.8040