Real Estate Law
Whether you’re in the process of buying or selling your home or commercial business, it is essential to know your legal rights. Even if you are an experienced real estate investor, there are always legal issues that may arise.
Why Hire a Real Estate Lawyer?
The team at Cariati Law assists clients with real estate needs, whether in the residential or commercial arena, with a measured, open, and honest approach. No question is too small or to be ignored. Our goal is to be approachable, friendly, and collaborate with clients to understand every individual step of the purchase or sale process. We offer no-nonsense, completely transparent pricing and provide every client with an itemized breakdown (to the penny!) of the dollars and cents involved in their transaction. There are no surprises here.
For residential or commercial property buyers, we will:
- Review the Agreement of Purchase and other legal documents
- Draw up mortgage documents
- Assist in purchasing Title Insurance
- Ensure you receive a valid title before closing
- Guarantee property taxes are up to date and there are no claims against the property
- Calculate land transfer tax due
- Ensure all financial and legal conditions are met before closing the transaction
- Exchange keys and legal documents with the seller’s lawyer
For residential or commercial property sellers, our lawyers will:
- Review the Agreement of Sale and additional legal documents
- Assist with the negotiation of the terms and conditions
- Prepare the deed to your home or commercial property
- Deal and remedy title issues if and when they occur
- Close the transaction
- Ensure all financial and legal needs have been met
- Exchange keys and legal documents with the Buyer’s lawyer
Additionally, we offer services to assist clients with the negotiation and review of commercial leases. These are often very long-term relationships, and we insist that our clients are set up for success from day one.
Call the Ontario Real Estate Lawyers at Cariati Law Today
The process of selling or buying a home or business can be exciting yet stressful. Our lawyers will assist you in all stages of the process to buy a property and answer your questions about how the process works.
At Cariati Law, we provide exceptional legal guidance on commercial and residential real estate transactions and continually produce outstanding results. Call us toll free at 1.888.629.8040 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.