Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Pay attention to your loved one. If you suspect abuse, visit the nursing home facility frequently and at different times of day to give your loved one more opportunities to come forward about the abuse or neglect. Often, nursing home residents may not come forward for fear of the abuse becoming worse. It is helpful to understand the signs of nursing home abuse so that you can recognize if your loved one is being hurt.
Often, nursing home residents may not come forward for fear of the abuse becoming worse.
If you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home or while in the care of a medical professional or elder care professional, you need the help of an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer.
Common physical signs of nursing home abuse and neglect include:
• Untreated bedsores
• Open wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
• Torn clothing or broken personal items
• Bruises in a pattern that would suggest restraints
• Excessive and sudden weight loss
• Fleas, lice, or dirt on the resident or in the resident’s room
• Abnormally pale complexion
• Fecal/urine odors
• Poor personal hygiene or other unattended health problems
Signs of a Careless Staff include:
• Lack of proper heating or cooling in the nursing home
• Caregiver’s inability to explain the resident’s condition
• Caregiver’s refusal to allow visitors to see resident alone
• Caregiver allowing the resident to wander off the premises
• Sudden change in the resident’s medication
At Cariati Law injury& disability lawyers, our first focus is helping you, listening to you, and letting you know everything you can do to help your loved one. Our Ontario, Canada nursing home abuse lawyers are committed to helping you and using our legal expertise to eliminate nursing home abuse and neglect in Ontario, Canada. The more clients we help, the closer our community comes to having nursing homes that are free from abuse and neglect.
Contact a Cariati Law Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer in Ontario, Canada. Each and every Ontario, Canada injury & disability lawyer at our firm is innovative, highly experienced and result-oriented when serving the diverse legal needs of our clients. Our lawyers are committed to protecting your rights.
Click here for a Free Case Evaluation or call TOLL FREE: 1.888.629.8040